In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Longfellow Garden Club

Welcome to the Longfellow Garden Club

The Longfellow Garden Club was organized in 1924 to restore, preserve and tend to the gardens behind the Wadsworth-Longfellow House in Portland. The Club was federated in 1931 and incorporated in 1937.

The club has continued to ensure the survival and well being of the garden since its founding, when it took over the responsibilities of the garden's maintenance from the Maine Historical Society.

The Longfellow Garden Club is a member of National Garden Clubs Inc. and the Garden Club Federation of Maine Inc.

Selected Longfellow Garden Club images: